Eparchial Chronicle
25/02/1966 Management of schools re-organised, and the constitutionof the Corporate Educational Agency framed.
02/07/1965 Second "Ad Limina" report of the Diocese was submitted by His Ex. the Bishop.
10/07/1964 Newman College at Thodupuzha was inaugurated
30/06/1964 Rt. Rev. Msgr. Kuriakose Nampiaparampil, Vicar General from thebeginning of the diocese, retired and Rev. Msgr. Mathew Vellankal wasappointed instead.
01/03/1964 Mar. People evicted from Keerithode, Churuly areas and resettled atManiyaramkudy, etc were specially helped.
10/04/1963 The High-Range Mission Area was divided into four regionsErattayar, Koompanpara, Rajakad and Vellathooval, with the regionalsuperiors having authority as protopresbytersMay Annual seminar for Major Seminarians was started.
22/12/1962 First house in the diocese of the M.C.B.S. (Kompayar Villa) wasstarted.Adoration and Carmelite sisters of Kerala were unified under a MotherGeneral each.
01/09/1962 Diocesan Library was organised and rules and guide were published.
01/01/1962 Diocesan Monthly "Deivarajyam" was started.
15/12/1961 Lay Associations in the Diocese were reorganised and diocesandirectors appointed.
01/08/1961 An English Medium High School (Nirmala) was started at Muvattupuzha.
01/06/1961 June-July Victims of eviction at Kanchiyar area, and of flood along thePeriyar River were specially helped.
22/04/1961 Diocesan provinces were erected for the Adoration, Carmelite andClarist Sisters of the Diocese.
07/11/1960 Announced that the financial year with reference to submission of annual accounts of parishes and institutions would be January - December.
14/06/1960 First "Ad Limina" Report of the Diocese was submitted by His Ex. the Bishop.
30/04/1960 The Division of assets of the Archdiocese of Ernakulam was finalized.
25/03/1960 A housing scheme to help the homeless was started.
25/03/1960 "Vijnanabhavan" the Diocesan Catechetical & Liturgical Department was established.
25/03/1960 The first house of Capuchins in the diocese (Muvattupuzha) was started.
14/12/1959 Diocesan unit of the Apostolic Union for Diocesan Clergy wasestablished.
29/11/1959 His Ex. James Robert Knox, Apostolic Internuncio, inaugurated the new Seminary building.
21/09/1959 Provident Fund for the diocesan clergy was established.
10/06/1959 The diocese took active part in the struggle against the communist government's move against private schools.
12/05/1959 The first house of Vincentians in the diocese (Thodupuzha) wasstarted.
15/04/1959 Yearly Seminar for young priests started.
16/02/1959 His Em. Valerian Card. Gracias inaugurated the DiocesanCentral Council of St. V. de. Paul Society.
16/07/1958 Diocesan Press and Book Store (Mar Mathews, Muvattupuzha) wereinaugurated.
30/06/1958 Minor Seminary was shifted to the new building at Kothamangalam.
01/01/1958 Parishes of Karimannoor, Marika, Muthalakodam and Vazhakulam were raised to be foranes.
07/06/1957 His Ex. the Bishop shifted residence from the parish house to a new house bought for the purpose.
06/06/1957 Diocesan Minor Seminary was started at Muvattupuzha.
02/02/1957 First pastoral letter of His Ex. the Bishop establishing the Diocesan Curia and other offices.
10/01/1957 Inauguration of the Diocese and installation of the firstBishop, Mar Mathew Pothanamuzhi, Ph.D.,D.D. at St. George's ChurchKothamangalam, which was then declared to be Cathedral.
18/11/1956 Episcopal ordination of Mar Mathew Pothanamuzhi, the first Bishop of Kothamangalam, in Rome.

NEWS & EVENTS